Please remember that we are not lawyers and do not give legal advice. We are software developers. If you find yourself in a legal situation lawyer up and get yourself protected.
Click that beautiful button below to download the plugin. “That’ll wake ya up in the mornin.”
Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard (yourdomain.com/wp-login.php).
Hover over Plugins in the left sidebar and click Add New.
Click on the Upload Plugin button at the top of the Add Plugins page.
We’ll hold your hand through the process because we know you’re scared. Your hand feels a little sweaty… It’s OK, nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to all of us 😉 .
- TOS Heading: This is the title that appears at the top of the terms of service content. We’re going to set this to Terms but feel free to name this whatever you like. We made this equal to Terms because Terms of Service looks redundant on the page that we created.
- Full Name: This is your company’s full name including the business extension (LLC, Inc, etc.). They use the example of Automattic, Inc.
- Name: This is your company’s name minus business extension. They use the example of Automattic.
Don’t be scared – we were frightened too – keep filling this bad boy out!
- Possessive Name: Enter the possessive version of the name that you entered above. In English grammar, you use apostrophe s (’s), also known as possessive ’s, to show that something belongs to someone or something else. So, if your website’s name is WPLauncher.com, you add an apostrophe s to get the the possessive version of the name; ie WPLauncher.com’s. In other words, since my brother and I co-founded WPLauncher.com, we are WPLauncher.com’s co-founders – we belong to WPLauncher.com.
- Domain Name: Include the domain name of your site without http://www. Their example is Automattic.com.
- Official Website URL: Add the domain name of your site with http://www. e.g. http://www.automattic.com.
- Minimum Age: Enter the minimum age of a user on your site. For example, 13.
- Time Period for changing fees and for notifications: Enter the time period that you provide users for changing your site’s fees and for notifications. For example, thirty (30) days.
- Time Period for replying to priority email: Give your customers a break down of how long they should expect to wait for a response to a priority email. The amount they provide is one business day.
- Time Period for determining maximum damages: This is the time period for determining maximum damages. Make sure NOT to include an S after month. For example: twelve (12) month.
Last part – the finish line is near!
- DMCA Notice URL: We’re going to leave this field blank. If you want to link to a DMCA notice page, make sure to create that page and add the url to it here. Their example is http://automattic.com/dmca-notice/
- Venue: List the state where your company resides and ideally where you live. If you are out of the United States list your region and country or just country. Their example is State of California, U.S.A.
- Court Location: List the county where your company currently resides. Their example is San Francisco County, California.
- Arbitration Location: List the city where your company currently resides. For example, San Francisco, California.
Click the Blue Save Changes button!
You can stick a fork in this step – it’s done!
You get to move onto your next plugin, where we’ll show you how to add Facebook Comments to your post pages. We know it gets kinda old but seriously you’re going to feel really accomplished when you complete all of the steps involved in creating this blog and you’re going to have a beautiful blog at the end of it. You can use it to share your ideals, your hopes and your dreams (or just random things you like) with the world!